Wednesday, June 23, 2010


GO USA!!!! What a game, just got home from the bar. I hope we keep winning as it gives us a reason to party. They even extended curfew today so we could watch the game at the bar. Thanks everyone for the B-Day wishes. Pam, Ted and the Connecticut McDonalds thank you for my cards, I received them today. My birthday day was very nice. The other volunteers and I played beer pong at the bar while watching the World Cup during the day. At night, my family slaughtered a chicken for me (a great honor as chicken is a very expensive meat) and even had cake. An interesting combination of American and Kenyan culture. It is getting quite cold here as it is now the beginning of winter and I am getting more and more anxious to get to the coast! The more people tell me about my site the more I want to get there. Me and the people in my area have been given the nickname of “The Beach Corps”. Works for me!! My language training is moving along slowly but I am told I am right on track. I am going to a city in the Eastern Province next week for HIV training. This is actually exciting news because we get to leave Loitokitok for the first time in a month. It will give me the opportunity to see different parts of Kenya and hopefully some wildlife. I have a cell phone now. My # is 011 254 700 858 918. I would suggest buying a calling card as it is expensive to call Kenya but I would love to here from people. Keep in mind the time difference is ahead 7 hours from the east coast. My address (now that I know the mail indeed does work) is
Michael Paladino
Peace Corps
P.O. Box 698 00621
Village Market
Nairobi, Kenya
AFRICA
I would be happy to give anyone suggestions on things to send but I am aware it is quite expensive to send things. Also, it is recommended that you write “for educational purposes” on any packages as they will slide through customs smoother. All in all I am doing great! Time is flying by, I will be at my site in no time. I miss everyone and think about you daily.
Dino

No comments:

Post a Comment