Friday, February 18, 2011

Hey everyone. The last two weeks have been tons of fun. Super Bowl weekend was a mess, I saw the sunrise three consecutive nights. Saturday my friends had a house warming party. The party consisted of beer pong, flip cup (its amazing how I never lose my competitive drive when it come to drinking games, as you can imagine I was quite the spectacle for the Europeans), Jell-O shots and a blender making tasty cocktails all day and night. I even managed to meet myself a nice Kiwi girl. This all day house party obviously resulted in us being the last ones to leave bar, walking home with the sun up. Sunday (Super Bowl) involved me and a few others attempting to cook for 30 people while being incredibly hung over. We made hot dogs, Mexican dip, wings and burrito stuff. What more could you ask for to watch football? Super Bowl here started at 2:30am but we still had a loud and rowdy crew of American with a couple international observers who seemed more entertained by our cussing and drunken antics than the game itself. We watched the game at 40’s, our trusty beach bar. At about the start of the 4th quarter the sun began to rise and I was able to watch the game and simultaneously see the sunrise over the Indian Ocean without even moving my head. All in all and amazing night/weekend!! Work wise I am having major problems with the water project. What a difference a week can make, but such is life in Kenya. Theres a problem with the filters and the water is coming out benignly contaminated. We are unable to pinpoint the problem and as a result can not produce or sell. On the lighter side I actually did some very exciting work with the Whale Shark Trust. The sharks should be migrating through our area within the next month, therefore we are now going on expeditions to try and locate them. This past Tuesday I went up in a Micro Light (picture a hang glider with a fan attached to the back of it) to try and spot them. We went up to about 2000 ft and patrolled up and down the coast in search of the giant fish. Unfortunately we have yet to find any but I did see some dolphin, turtles and truly breathtaking views. It was kind of like parasailing but 10 times cooler. Once we finally spot some sharks will be when the real fun begins, as I am promised to get some water time with the giant creatures. Something that is likely to be the highlight of my time in Kenya. No plans yet for this weekend I guess it depends on if I get paid today or Monday. As much as I love it here not a day goes by that I don’t miss America and all of you! Talk to you soon.
Love,
Dino

No comments:

Post a Comment